Ethics




I have not been blogging because i have been stressing


the assignment i am doing now is about teaching ethics

the and two main frame works of ethics we are learning about is deontological and consequentialism

deontological is where you follow the rules, if someone breaks it, punishment done. e.g. student plagiarises an assignment = suspended

consequentialism is for the "greater good" so you dont punish the kid because it may ruin his reputation and has everlasting repercussions in their life.


I think as a teacher i follow the consequentialist framework, just because everyone deserves a second chance

but in life i am pretty deontological, not in laws, but in courtesy

like if a dick head overtakes me for no reason i kinda tail them haha


or like if one person takes a 6 seater in a currently empty train, i give em dirties

or if i friend ruins your trust you cant go back type thing you know 

i know that i am mainly consequentialist in my way of thinking cause i am too forgiving. but i feel as if i am choosing my friends more carefully now


just meeting people who dont have that many high school friends anymore has me feeling kinda appreciative of my friends?

i know for a fact that i put a lot of love into the group and into my friends, i am also kind of afraid if the reason i am still friends with most of them is because i am afraid of change?

I am unsure, but should someone be forgiven?
should everyone be told what they have done to hurt you so they can learn from it?
is it worth it?
i mean if they dont enjoy what you say were they ever your friend?

ive been in a bit of a battle with myself lately and i just feel like the only way i can be closer to people is if i tell them what i dont like about them?

I just hate feeling betrayed by someone.
because i know once they do it i can never talk to them like i used to 

but whats the point of being around them anymore?

I dont know, sometimes i look at other people from high school and think, they arent friends with their highschool friends anymore, is it better or worse for them?



some come up to me and are like 
"omg i so jelz i never talk to my HS friends anymore"
but they are at a better place?

i am not saying i hate my high school friends haha i love you guys

but how do you turn back from betrayal, i guess i am at my wits ends with lies

the new friendships i have created with my uni friends (jessica and sandy) has opened my eyes about who i should associate myself with


they are very closed and close to their family, most of their friends are family members and their boyfriends - and its hard for me because i am not close to my family - not that i dont want to be,, its cause they dont want to me

so i realised that my friends are my second family, well actually my first family in a way..

but.. how are they family if i cant tell them when they have done something wrong? or hurt me? or have done something to annoy me? with the fear of them hating me? or tbh having them do that to me about something that i cant change. what if its something they cant change?


but i am so accepting, i told eeh that he can be a grumpy sour puss and he know its and he understands my feelings towards it?
bobs knows he is a bit grotty and has me telling him what i dont like make him improve? or am i just telling him to change who he is?

these thoughts have been with me for a while and my uni friends are changing my views on friendship and womanhood, especially since i feel like we would be friends forever (i hope)

we had the bridesmaid talk :)
Sandy suddenly said, hey you guys, would you be my bridesmaids, i dont have a lot of friends so i need to fill in my party (haha idk if thats a good thing, but she was saying in a youre good m8s and ima fuckwit type way)

and jess said i will for sure have you guys, that means that i will have 7 bridesmaids, cool

my biggest fear is my height, im so much taller than them i would tower them ahha

I would love them as bridesmaids

anyway back to the whole friendship thing
is honesty the key?
i just want loyalty i guess

ok i am gonna stop here because i can talk all night

what are your ethics? how do you make decisions?