Week 1: Shrek & the Truman Show

It’s about time that I told you what is happening in my life

SO as some of you may know I am on my second prac and Huxton Park and I am loving it so much so far. It is so chill here. Everyone is so lovely and I am really establishing an adult relationship with these people.

I swear everyone is so lovely and funny and just then we were talking about how slutty Kim Kardashian is and on the first day I was here I had the hugest foodie talk (shes my fav so far her name is Josie, she looks amazing for her age and she’s so gorg and se has a 6 year old and she is so totally goals)

I am still unsure whether or not I want to be a teacher, but if I get to teach here I reckon I will be happy, the kids are quite brats, but theyre just chatty and you get the odd hell raiser, but other than that, I mean the hugest thing I ive learned so far is weather, weather heavily effects how the students think and feel.

The worst class I was in, we were in a boiling room!!!!!

I mean even I was irritated, everyone was in that room, everyone was chatty and I wantd to get the fuck otta there!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was the best, first 2 periods we watched the Truman show, the kids (year 10) loved it, they didn’t even leave for recess and used 10 min of their time to watch till the end, good movie tho

Periods 3 & 4 were watching shrek, man I love shrek its so funny

Finally the last two periods consist of talking with other staff ladies and marking year 9 which was a hoot!

I might be teaching my first lesson today, I’m a bit scared, but excited I guess, its year 12 (roll over) and its just me reading out the slides.

Im here with two other prac students, now these are funny stories

Girl no 1: Alexia, the second I came in I was told that Alexia had the spare table and that we could share and I was like whatev and went to his room, and when we came back I saw who Alexia was!
She was in the course as me last year! We did a Brecht group work together! And I was like brahhhH!!!! I know you!!!!! And shes like wuuuuutttt and im like wuuuuutttt but yeah good times, we sat down and had a jolly chat and then she told me her previous prac was at.. wait for it…. CANLEY VALE WHAT WHAT, she was with kenna!

I mean what are the darn chances??
Like the world works  in mysterious ways!

Moving on it girl no 2:
Irene, Irene she had black roots and blue hair.
She goes to Usyd and she actually attending huxton park and I was like cool, I was in a year 7 class and realised that this boy looked awfully farminilar like a family friend. His name was Addison and he looked exactly like his brother Richard. I message Richard who is the same age as me questioning you went to Huston park right? I mean I think I see ur bro!!!

And then it clicked, this irene girl is in 3rd year like me and so I asked her

DO you know a Richard Koung?

And she said yeah.. hes my best friend.

BOOM WHAT WHAT WHAT

What are the darn chances like I am shocked like hahahah weird


That’s all I really wanna say so far, my week here has been very enjoyable but day by day I struggle to get up in the morning.

I really miss Andrew, now that he goes to UNSW I don’t get to see him as much you know? But I have been seeing David and Huynh! Which is nice. David and I had a DnM at his house and we played sims and he gave me Rick and Morty, I really feel like im Summer. Like I see too mmuch good in life and fuck everything up basically hahah- also I like my tits out for the boys jks but seriously LOL

Huynh I just go to his house to sleep and the school is on the way to huynhs house and back, I drive past it everyday.


That would be all I guess, I really wanna se sculptures by the sea but I guess we probs wont make it cause it ends on Sunday sadly L


Kind Regards (all my e-mails end like that now), Maria